Dialling up my ISP from IE6 and Windows Millennium

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair Baxter, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. When I click on the big "e" for IE6, I would normally expect the
    dial-up box to come up. It does not.

    When I go into tools > internet options > connections, the spot is in
    "never dial a connection". If I put the spot into "dial whenever a
    network connection is not present" or "always dial my default
    connection" the spot goes back to "never dial a connection" as soon as
    the machine is closed down, switched off and rebooted.

    This means that every time I wish to connect to my ISP (I have only
    one and it is the default connection), after I have switched on my
    computer, I have to go into tools > internet options > connections,
    click the box saying "always dial my default connection" , then OK
    then I get a dial-up box.

    Once I have made the connection, the computer remembers the connection
    details even if I go out of Internet Explorer. It is when I totally
    shut down and switch off the computer that it forgets the settings and
    comes up with "never dial a connection" when I try it again.

    Please, can anyone help?
    --

    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    nemo Guest

    Alasdair,

    Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem, but when I was on dial
    up I always use to have it set to "never dial a connection" as I
    didn't want it dialing up when I wasn't aware and running up a large
    phone bill. You could set up a short cut to your connectoid on your
    desktop.

    Goto Start->Settings->Network and Dial up connections

    and then right click on your connectoid and click Send To and then
    Desktop (*create shortcut).

    This will create an icon on your desktop which you double click when
    you want to go online.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 7, 2003