    My compueter keeps dialling up the web without me wanting it! How is this
    happening? Is it supposed to phone every time it starts?
    Ive just had a 400 pound phone bill.

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005

  2. spinner

    Avenger© Guest

    You've probably got a Trojan dialer installed on your system, from
    visiting too many porn or warez site. Download a good spyware program
    and scan your system.

    Avenger©, Aug 21, 2005

  3. spinner

    gangle Guest

    Your browser has been hijacked by spyware.

    Here is °Mike°'s information on Spyware:
    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    gangle, Aug 21, 2005
  4. spinner

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
    to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  5. spinner

    uh Clem... Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Sun, 21 Aug 2005
    12:43:09 +0100, canst thou now find out, to hide "spinner"
    DAMN! That's heavy!
    (Clueless American quip)

    uh Clem..., Aug 21, 2005
  6. spinner

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Format and reinstall.

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  7. spinner

    spinner Guest

    If I do that then Ill lose my videos.
    I dont see how bt can expect me to pay for what is basically their problem.

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005
  8. spinner

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Maybe you'll learn not to download porn videos.

    pcbutts1, Aug 21, 2005
  9. spinner

    Whiskers Guest

    You may be interested in this
    <http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=d9679574-7869-
    4824-9965-76049a4c7233> or <http://makeashorterlink.com/?V116527AB>

    And this <http://www.bt.com/premiumrates/> (includes 'how to fix it'
    links).

    (And blame Microsoft for their insecure operating systems).

    Whiskers, Aug 21, 2005
  10. spinner

    spinner Guest

    They are videos of rabbits actually.
    Different breeds of rabbits.

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005
  11. How is it their problem that you've allowed stuff on YOUR computer that
    dials from YOUR phone line? They didn't put it there.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 21, 2005
  12. spinner

    spinner Guest

    Simply that they have the capacity to stop this kind of stuff.
    Its their network im using.They know what number Im supposed to be dialling.

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005
  13. spinner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You're not really that dense, are you? I can call ANY number in the WORLD
    from my PC or my phone. The phone company doesn't know who I'm *supposed* to
    be calling. My ISP doesn't care if I dial some other number. I frequently
    have 2 or more dialup numbers in my computer. Earthlink doesn't care if I
    call PeoplePC.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2005
  14. spinner

    spinner Guest

    BT should know better and Im going to force them to apologise in public by
    naming the pornographic sites that *they* host and gain revenue from.
    As for being dense I can assure you I am well qualified to see outright
    fraud when I see it.
    Something YOU clearly lack.

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005
  15. You, sir, are a loon.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 21, 2005
  16. BT is not your nanny.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 21, 2005
  17. spinner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    HARRRRRRRRR!!!! I've not laughed so hard in DAYS! Get a clue. BT does not
    control what you do with your computer. Obviously you don't either.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2005
  18. spinner

    spinner Guest

    spinner, Aug 21, 2005
  19. If they did, he'd probably be the first to bitch that they had "TOO MUCH
    CONTROL!!1!!!!"

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 21, 2005
  20. Please identify your planet.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 21, 2005