Dialer Idle Timeout Not Working

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Patt, Jun 16, 2007.

  1. Patt

    Patt Guest

    Hi,

    Can someone assist.

    I'm trying to get a idle timeout working on interesting traffic port
    27890 only.
    I can see Idle timeout dropping when user sending on this port and
    eventually will drop the line after 600 seconds. I only want the line
    to drop when not sending on 27890

    is the below correct ? any help appreciated.

    interface BRI0/0
    ip address 10.10.2.50 255.255.255.0
    ip access-group 101 in
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer idle-timeout 600 inbound
    dialer-group 1
    isdn switch-type basic-net3
    peer default ip address pool isdnpool
    ppp authentication chap ms-chap
    !

    access-list 101 permit tcp 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255 host 192.168.0.84 eq
    27890
    access-list 101 permit tcp 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255 host 10.10.0.84 eq
    27890
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 101
    no cdp run
    !

    Patt, Jun 16, 2007

  2. It might be correct, depending on your network topology. You don't
    give enough information to tell.

    You can use debug dialer packet to see if your traffic is
    considered interesting or not. If it isn't, your configuration is wrong.
    If it is, something else is.

    Martin Gallagher, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Patt

    Patt Guest

    Hi Martin

    Thanks for the reply.

    will try the debug dialer.

    The network is a simple.

    One ethernet , One Bri port connected .

    Pc is connected on Ethernet on 10.10.0.84 and listens on 27890.

    Everything works and clients connect ok using ppp dialup. Just the
    IDLE timeout kicks them off after 600 seconds. Even during transfer of
    data on 27880/.

    I suspect it could be old IOS causing this..

    Patt, Jun 18, 2007