    Does anyone know how I can dial into my home network with my laptop and
    access my shared drives and the internet. I am using a linksys 8-port
    router BEFSR81. Any help is great.

    David, Jul 13, 2003

  2. It's much more complicated than that (unless you happen to be running
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server).

    I suggest looking into setting up a Mitel SME server box. They are nice and
    stable and free. Just add your own old hardware.

    Web-Based management, firewall, file server (for windows), dial-in access,
    VPN, web server, php, webmail, and the list goes on and on.

    http://www.e-smith.org

    PC-Component.com, Jul 13, 2003