    DNS server?

    Regards,
    Andy.

    Andy, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Andy

    Merv Guest

    What is the topology (i.e. each piece of equipment) between the PC's
    and the DHCP server

    What are the model numbers and IOS versions running on these devices.

    Post the config of the Layer 3 device that faces the troubled PC(s)

    Merv, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Andy

    Merv Guest

    Put a sniffer (PC loaded with Ethereal) onto the same segment where
    the DHCP server is and capture the inbound DHCP request coming from a
    troubled PC.

    Verify that the DHCP request has an giaddr field which is inserted by
    the router that performs the DHCP relay function.

    If it does have a giaddr then the problem is most likely with the DHCP
    server.

    see DHCP tutorial @ http://www.isoc.org/HMP/PAPER/127/html/paper.html
    for an

    Merv, Aug 27, 2007