    the NT responds, it didn`t give me and IP depending of the vlan, it
    sends me and IP of the second scope. Is any way that the NT can
    distinguish from what vlan the PC is asking?

    Eugis, Dec 27, 2005

  2. DHCP relay, which is what you get when using ip helper, includes the
    vlan interface address in the giaddr field of the DHCP packet. The server
    uses that address to figure out which scope to supply an address from.

    Martin Gallagher, Dec 27, 2005

  3. Eugis

    J Guest

    We ran into problems with an old MS DHCP install. If memory serves me
    correctly all the scopes were created outside of the superscope except
    for one. Our sysadmins thought this was weird and incorrect so they
    changed it. They moved all the scopes under the superscope. Well that
    pretty much broke everything. I don't know why or how but that's what
    happened. You might consider rearranging yuor scopes. Oh, and migrate
    off of NT4 to something a little more current.

    J, Jan 2, 2006