    alleviate this issue by putting the DHCP load on the AP. Is this at all
    possible?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    ryankbrown, May 25, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Yes you can use a 1200 series to hand out DHCP. If you're running IOS
    on your 1200, it should be similar to this:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...tion_guide_chapter09186a0080184a86.html#25876

    Setting it up is very straight forward:

    1200(config)# ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.1 10.10.10.99
    1200(config)# ip dhcp pool DHCPPOOLNAME
    1200(dhcp-config)# network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
    1200(dhcp-config)# lease 5
    1200(dhcp-config)# end

    Just a side note - I had a similar problem with my 1100 series APs.
    DHCP requests would time out, even though the host appeared to be
    connected. It turned out to be a conflict with the wireless channel I
    was using. Once I moved it to another channel, everything started
    working again.

    Cheers,
    Spencer

    Spencer Teran, May 27, 2005