DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Christopher Ferguson, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. First things first, im an experianced computer builder so please dont
    suggest anything as simple as "check for short circuiting" and the like.
    Okay...

    The Problem....
    After pressing the power button on my computer (to turn it on. I was
    rather unamused when the ass at DFI support thought i ment when the
    computer was already turned on) it powers down 3 seconds later...

    What I've attempted
    Tried 3 different power supplies, no effect
    Tired a different CPU still no effect
    Tried different RAM no effect including different speed and size
    Tried removing all IDE devices, still no effect
    Tried removing all PCI and AGP cards, no effect
    Tried resetting the CMOS no effect

    Points to note
    When CPU is removed the motherboard powers up properly
    This is a replacement motherboard from my supplier since my last one
    failed on me for no reason so its total runtime is nill
    There are no signs of physical damage to the motherboard.
    There is no error beeping at all

    Any ideas that i might try or check for would be great, >>excluding<<
    returning it.

    Thanks

    Christopher Ferguson, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Christopher Ferguson

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok. So you don't need help, then. That's good.

    °Mike°, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Gosh-a-mighty, I wonder if there could be a clue here somewhere. "When
    CPU is removed the motherboard powers up properly".....

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Christopher Ferguson

    Avenger© Guest

    Okay, a simple suggestion - RMA