Developing applications for Cisco routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by onestatusquo, May 31, 2005.

  1. onestatusquo

    onestatusquo Guest

    Hello,

    I have a few questions:

    I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.

    What language should be used to be able to hook into Cisco call
    libraries.

    What libraries are available.

    Sample application description.

    Basically any useful info that explains how to develop apps for Cisco
    routers.

    Thank you in advance

    onestatusquo, May 31, 2005

  2. Umm, there aren't any?

    Replace "Cisco Routers" with "Ford Cars" and your posting makes just
    about as much sense.

    Cisco's routers are a closed platform, they don't run applications.

    Doug McIntyre, Jun 1, 2005

  3. onestatusquo

    onestatusquo Guest

    So as far as I understand, IOS is a closed and proprietory OS that no
    one can write programs for?

    Is there an API document for it?

    onestatusquo, Jun 1, 2005
  4. If there were, it wouldn't be a "closed and proprietary OS that no one
    can write programs for."

    Barry Margolin, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Roberto Giana, Jun 2, 2005
  6. http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms/

    Apps that interact with routers, not that hook into the OS.

    alan

    Alan Strassberg, Jun 2, 2005
  7. Some IOS platforms support Tcl as a general scripting language,
    which may or may not meet your needs (which are ...?)

    Do be aware that our Tcl implementation is still rather green
    so if you code vigorously, expect to uncover some infelicities.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hello,
    ~