    for the 2000 version?

    Thanks

    Gay

    brazen, Mar 20, 2008

  2. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    Best bet's prolly contact MS NZ. I can't think of any reason though,
    you can't use SQL Server 2005. ???

    Dave Doe, Mar 20, 2008

  3. brazen

    brazen Guest

    I'm wanting to make some changes to a site developed in 2000 so want to keep
    it consistent.

    gay

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  4. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    OK, but you can use 2005 and still keep things consistent w' 2000.
    You're not changing data types or creating new fields? - and even if so,
    I can't see the problem. Text fields will be deprecated soon, but
    again, can't see the problem.

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2008
  5. brazen

    brazen Guest

    The site is developed in ASP.NET 1.1 using Visual Studio 2003 with SQL
    Server 2000. I'm a little wary of stuffing things up so thought the exact
    versions would be the best way to go. I guess there are a few variables
    there.

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  6. brazen

    impossible Guest

    impossible, Mar 21, 2008
  7. brazen

    brazen Guest

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  8. brazen

    impossible Guest

    I know they do a freebie VS Express 2008, and it might be that VS Express
    2005 is also still there . But you'd have to investigate further to see
    exactly what the "express" limitations are. Off-hand, I'd almost guarantee
    that "no commercial use" is a condition of the license, and that's probably
    a deal-breaker for you. But have a look.

    impossible, Mar 21, 2008
  9. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    Subject: Re: developer version sql server 2000
    From: Dave Doe <>

    Yep - these are all "Express" editions though - not developer editions.

    Same as the link above - it's not the developer edition (by any means).

    You can also download an Express edtion of the SQL Server Management
    Studio (which makes admin'g your SQL Server databases, *much* easier) -
    otherwise yer using OSQL. :(

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2008
  10. brazen

    Mark C Guest

    Not so fast! :)

    You may find (I could be wrong) that the free version of 2000 is
    missing any GUI managememt interface (IIRC).

    Mark C, Mar 21, 2008