Detailed Linksys PAP2T documentation _must_ exist.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ian Richardson, Mar 26, 2007.

  1. Dear all,

    I'm trying to get some decent documentation out of Linksys on the PAP2T.
    The manual is about as useful as toilet paper for a fish.

    I've been on hold for 30 minutes to their 0800 technical support number,
    and I can understand why. When I did get through their assistance was
    nothing more than another 30 minutes of we will _not_ help you! In fact,
    the person I was speaking to reacted quite badly when I told her that
    all I was getting was lots of "no, no, no".

    I tried their online chat facility to get through to a technician, and I
    was given a London number to call. That was also a complete waste of
    time, and I wouldn't be suprised if that number was simply the non-free
    version of their 0800 number.

    They call their support service "award winning". I've fortunately never
    had any problem with their products before and hence never needed to
    contact them, but this has severely dented my opinion of them to the
    extent I wish I'd never considered them for getting in to VoIP!

    Is there a helpline equivalent of the Razzies? (see http://www.razzies.com/)

    As a plea to those of you out there who might have the answers I need,
    I'm seeking full documentation on the Linksys PAP2T. There's so much
    which isn't even hinted at in the manual yet is available via the GUI.

    I know there's more detail out there, based upon the message from
    "pricew" on http://www.avforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-363078.html.

    If any of you have it, even if you've been sent it by that one helpful
    person who once existed at Linksys, or you have details from a third
    party, I'd really appreciate it. Any useful fragments of detail you've
    got from Linksys would be handy, if only so I can put the lot together
    and make it available for everyone... in exactly the way Linksys don't.

    Why do I want it? To understand the full functionality of the device,
    and to ensure it's configured such that I can make the most use out of
    it for what I need.

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Ian Richardson

    Tim Guest

    I'm sure I've got an admin manual for it.

    Where did you buy it from?

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Is it a PDF. Can you email it to me, or upload it somewhere?
    broadbandstuff.co.uk

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 26, 2007
  4. I'll second that, while I didn't find the manual on line - prior to buying
    one I did expect a bit more with the device. There must be over 50 user
    configurable options but heaven only knows what they do! I also think my
    device is faulty as I configure line one but have to plug into socket two.
    However that line does work and that's all I need.

    I also RMA'd a faulty Linksys Router before christmas and the replacement
    only came last week - guess what also faulty - UPS picked it up today...
    good job I've got a spare - don't think I'll be buying Linksys again.

    Peter

    Peter Andrews, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Ian Richardson

    Roger Morton Guest

    I have an SPA3000 - the support stuff for that is still on the Sipura
    website. There's a kind of generic Sipura ATA User Guide at

    http://www.sipura.com/support/index.htm

    which might cover most of what the PAP2T does.

    Roger Morton, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Ian Richardson

    Tim Guest

    You didn't say where you bought this one from? And exactly which product?

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Ian Richardson

    Tim Guest

    I sent you an email.

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 26, 2007
  8. Ian Richardson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    What manuals have you got? I've tried to include pretty much everything
    I can on my support section:

    http://www.provu.co.uk/support

    But the devices are inherently difficult to configure due to the huge
    amount of options you have. They are designed to be pre-configured by
    service providers rather than configured by home users.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Mar 27, 2007