    problem. screenshot http://home.seaviewcable.net/~viper3/deskcut.jpg
    TIA
    Wayne

    -, Mar 12, 2005

  2. -

    Ralph Fox Guest

    I'll bet that Internet shortcuts (i.e. .URL files) have been
    associated directly with FF. This is the cause of the problem.

    Windows .URL files (Internet shortcuts) should be associated with
    some internal Windows component which extracts the URL from the
    Internet shortcut, looks at the type of URL (e.g. "http" or "mailto")
    and then passes the URL (not the .URL file) to the appropriate
    application associated with that type of URL.

    So for example, "http" URLs should be sent to FF, but "mailto" URLs
    should be sent to (say) Tbird and not to FF (FF is not an email
    program and cannot handle "mailto" URLs, Tbird is and can).

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph Fox

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such an annoying thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 13, 2005