    that they give you?

    Hooray!

    Gary Swann MCDST, MCP

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007

  2. Gary Swann

    TheITGirl Guest

    Well done Gary! Good luck in the new job! You must be over the moon!

    You have to request the MCDST Certificate from the MCP website - you will in
    due course get an e-mail from Microsoft containing a link for you to follow.

    Regards.

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Apr 15, 2007

  3. Gary Swann

    Bob ONeill Guest

    Hi Gary,

    Congrats on passing! I passed this exam in 10/04, and at that time I got
    several things:

    1. the slip of paper (which you should save)
    2. the MCP "credit card"
    3. the Charter Member MCDST card (for the first 5000 folks who passed the
    tests)
    4. a certificate suitable for framing
    5. access to the MCP website, where you can access other training related
    topics and view your transcripts

    Not sure how long it takes to reach the 5000 point, so you may get the same
    stuff I did (including the charter member card!)

    Of course, Microsoft also reserves the right to change thier cert awards, so
    everything I shared here just might be irrelevant.

    Lastly I'm 41 and full stride in my mid-life crisis...with one of my chief
    worries being i'll never find I.T. work beyond 50 (i dont see very many 50
    year old I.T. folks out there...unless they're in management)...so it's
    great to see that i will still get I.T. work in my 50s! that's for the bump
    in spirit today!!

    Bob ONeill, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Good job... Now roll up your sleeves and start helping! :) Again,
    congratulations!

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 15, 2007
  5. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Thanks IT Girl, I'll look out for it.

    Cheers

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  6. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for that. Please also bear in mind that 50 is the new 40, so 41 must
    be about the mid-thirties.

    Cheers

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  7. Gary Swann

    Gary Swann Guest

    Michael, I'm helpin' - I've answered one ;-)

    Best wishes

    Gary

    Gary Swann, Apr 15, 2007
  8. BTW, Happy Belated Birthday.