    a copy of this article they would be willing to post.
    Much much gratitude

    Joystick

    Joystick, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Joystick

    Ionizer Guest

    I haven't given up yet, but so far this is all I have found:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;PL;283189 Now all we need
    is a translator...

    Ionizer, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Joystick

    why? Guest

    It's not even on the March 2004 Technet DVD (English content). A search
    has no matches.

    Maybe the error only applies to Polish language systems?

    Just installing all language (32) by the looks ot it for April 2004.

    Me

    why?, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Joystick

    why? Guest

    On the current Technet, there are lists of removed content, didn't turn
    up there either.

    However in the very heavy box on a high shelf containing years worth of
    Technet CDs April 2000 to Dec 2002

    I found this on the Oct 2001 CD

    Me

    Correcting an Unsuccessful Installation of Internet Explorer 6 [Q283189]

    PSS ID Number: Q283189
    Article last modified on 08-28-2001

    :Beta

    This article discusses a Beta release of a Microsoft product. The
    information in this article is provided as-is and is subject to change
    without notice.

    No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this Beta
    product. For information about obtaining support for a Beta release,
    please see the documentation included with the Beta product files, or
    check the Web location from which you downloaded the release.

    - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    - Microsoft Windows XP Professional

    SUMMARY
    =======

    This article describes how to correct an installation of Microsoft
    Windows XP in
    which Internet Explorer 6 was not installed properly.

    MORE INFORMATION
    ================

    When you install Windows XP, if Internet Explorer 6 is not successfully
    installed, when you restart the computer, the computer may stop
    responding
    (hang) on the blank screen that is displayed after you log on and your
    personal
    settings are loaded.

    Use the following recovery procedure to correct the installation:

    1. From a command prompt, start Windows XP in Safe mode.

    2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM.

    NOTE: For this example, assume that the CD drive is the D drive.

    3. Run the following command:"c:\>cd winnt\system32" (without the
    quotation
    marks).

    4. Expand the D:\I386\Browseui.dl_ browseui.dll folder.

    5. Expand the D:\I386\Shdocvw.dl_ shdocvw.dll folder.

    6. Rename the Shlwapi.dll file to Shlwapi.bak.

    7. Expand the D:\I386\Shlwapi.dl_ shlwapi.dll folder.

    8. Restart the computer, and then upgrade Whistler.

    If you do not have the Windows XP CD-ROM, copy the three .dll files from
    computer that is running Windows XP successfully. These files are small
    enough
    to fit on two floppy disks.

    NOTE: For the present installation of Internet Explorer 6, earlier
    versions are
    not supported on any Windows XP platform.

    Additional query words: ierelease shlwapi dll bak ie

    Technology : kbWinXPProSearch kbWinXPHomeSearch kbWinXPSearch
    Version : :Beta
    Issue type : kbhowto
    Copyright Microsoft Corporation 2001.

    why?, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Joystick

    Joystick Guest

    ATTN Why!!

    Thank you ; Thank you; THank you. This is going to solve exactly that
    problem .
    Truly gratitudeness

    Joystick

    Joystick, Apr 18, 2004