    machine to "factory setting" via my computer, also with no effect. I have
    printed test page and it looks fine, except that the MS Windows logo is
    drawn in shades of pick. Any ideas?

    Phil, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Phil

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Phil spewed forth:
    That's not a good sign. The printhead is actually built in to the HP45 and
    HP78 cartridges used by the 9xx series. So when you replace a faulty
    cartridge, the new one should repair that kind of problem. Are you sure you
    didn't put the old #78 cartridge back in by mistake?

    It is also possible of course that the printer has a fault. There are ribbon
    cables that connect the mainboard inside to the printhead assembly. If that
    has come loose, it may not be making connection with the contacts. Or the
    contacts could be dirty where the cartridge is installed.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Phil

    Plato Guest

    Time to put it to rest. Take it out to the curb on garbage day.

    Plato, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions. I am indeed going to walk it to the curb.

    Phil, Mar 14, 2006