Department of stupid cops

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. Codswallop Balderdash wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> NormanM wrote:
    >>> Codswallop Balderdash wrote: [re: know and no]
    >>>
    >>> My spell checker can't differentiate, and I was to groggy to see it
    >>> myself.

    >>You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)
    >>
    >>[re: to and too]
    >>http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    > At least you didn't write "sea" for "see". <grin>

    Hmm, that snot one I see (sea?) very often. Just about all of them at my
    web sight I sea in Usenet, in forum comments, responses to news
    articles... I think spelling hasn't been taut for about two decades now.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 1, 2009

  2. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:49:54 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Codswallop Balderdash wrote:

    >>>You were to groggy, eh? I can see it from here!!! ;-)
    >>>
    >>>[re: to and too]
    >>>http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    >> At least you didn't write "sea" for "see". <grin>

    > Hmm, that snot one I see (sea?) very often. Just about all of them at my
    > web sight I sea in Usenet, in forum comments, responses to news
    > articles... I think spelling hasn't been taut for about two decades now.

    We used to have to learn the correct spellings of ten words three nights a
    week when I was at primary school. Woe betide any of us if we were picked
    the next day in class and commanded to rattle off one or two or three and
    we got them wrong.

    The same with multiplication tables.

    The only way to learn some things is by rote, constantly repeated until
    word-perfect.

    --
    “Every now and again the United States has to pick up a crappy little
    country and throw it against a wall just to prove we are serious.â€

    Aardvark, Sep 1, 2009