    All the solutions so far require XP or later. Anyone has managed to
    make this work on a 2000 machine?

    Thanks!

    Jeannot, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Try Linux.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 26, 2009

  3. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

      Try Linux.

    I can run Linux in my Denon A/V Receiver? Awesome!

    Could you provide links for me?

    Thanks!

    Jeannot, Mar 26, 2009

  4. Whatever "server" "solution" you are mouthing off about running only
    under XP is NOT "running on your A/V Receiver" either, idiot.

    You boot Knoppix or other live Linux distro CD or DVD and you operate
    it as a media server. No windows required. Not that you pay for all
    your operating systems on all your machines. It would probably be the
    only legitimate machine in the house... except for the MP3s themselves,
    of course.

    You might rate "awesome" in your next life, at which time you *might*
    possess a gram or two of common sense. Link that.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 26, 2009
  5. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Hmmm, despite the fact that you missed my sarcasm about my A/V
    receiver running Linux, I can still read between your insults and your
    attacks your potential of bringing something positive to the
    discussion.

    So here's my question to you: Does this media server protocol (that
    Media Player implements) have a name or an acronym? I could then
    search around for such a media server service that runs under Windows
    2000.

    Please, feel free to accompany your answer with attacks and insults
    again, we should all get something out of this.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Thanks

    Jeannot, Mar 26, 2009
  6. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Okay, I found my answer.

    Denon specifiy that the 3808ci needs a DLNA server. There are a few
    around, I'll just find one and install it on my other PC.

    For more information about the standard: http://www.dlna.org/about_us/about/

    Finally, a warm thank you to StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, without
    whom this would have been a very lonely post.
    Beyond the topics you try to address and the people you insult, you
    communicate to others who you are. The more you do it, the more likely
    you are to find help. The universe converges towards order, you will
    see.

    Jeannot, Mar 27, 2009
  7. It wasn't me 'missing your sarcasm'. You're the one that made the
    remark. I didn't miss a goddamned thing, lil missy.

    MythTV

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mythtv&btnG=Google+Search&aq=1&oq=myth

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 27, 2009
  8. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    I'm male.

    Jeannot, Mar 27, 2009

  9. Same remark!

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 28, 2009
  10. Hopefully you'll be nearby enough to the first one that goes off.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Mar 28, 2009
  11. Jeannot

    FatBytestard Guest

    You're an idiot.

    FatBytestard, Mar 28, 2009
  12. Jeannot

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Congrats! You managed to successfully kill another thread.

    BlueBuyYoo, Mar 29, 2009
  13. Jeannot

    Jeannot Guest

    Jeannot, Mar 30, 2009