    Has anyone come across such a beast please? (Maybe a Windows clone of a UNIX
    command?)

    Pete

    PeteD, Nov 11, 2004

  2. PeteD

    Scraggy Guest

    Others may know of command syntax, but I use Powerquest Datakeeper 5 that
    does exctly what you describe, on the fly.

    Scraggy, Nov 11, 2004

  3. PeteD

    Pete Guest

    Thanks Scraggy

    It appears to be by a company called Quantum (and maybe available thru
    Symantec) - I'll contact Quantum's UK office - google results I found
    http://www.quantum.com/am/news/releases/default.htm?yyyy=2002&mm=2&guid={81C353B0-74ED-419F-87C3-0A653B77A9AF}#top
    suggest it's a bundled freeby with a 'Snap' backup server - much bigger
    soliution than I need. Is your stuff just a standalone bit of backup
    software? Where did you get it please? I'm in the UK.

    Pete

    Pete, Nov 11, 2004
  4. PeteD

    Scraggy Guest

    My apologies, I somehow overlooked this thread<clouts self round head>
    Datakeeper is a standalone freebie bundled with Partition Magic 8. Bought
    mine in UK off ebay.

    Scraggy, Nov 18, 2004
  5. PeteD

    leostans44

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i know this thread is pretty old but because i spend so much time looking for a tool like that. for copying and backing up virtual machines or other large files that change often, check out backupchain. it may work for you to just zip things as well but for me that was too much hassle. I also like the idea of sending deltas over ftp
    Leo

    leostans44, Oct 21, 2010