    Using protocol UDP or TCP.

    Any advice appreciated.
    Alistair+

    Alistair George, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Alistair George

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    This is what STUN is for. Read up on RFC3489, then find one of the
    freely-available STUN servers, set it up, and direct your users' client
    software to it.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 31, 2005

  3. This is what STUN is for. Read up on RFC3489, then find one of the
    Thanks - but it would seem that the long-term reliability is suspect:
    Active Public Servers: For the benefit of the community's developers,
    Vovida.org site is making two public STUN servers available for everyone
    to use. These are running a very old version of the code and do not work
    with recent clients. The IP address of the STUN servers are:

    * 128.107.250.38
    * 128.107.250.39

    These are the only two public servers I have found.
    Al+

    Alistair George, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Alistair George

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Sorry, when I said "set it up", I meant install the STUN server software on
    some computer somewhere so that you had your own server running.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Sorry, when I said "set it up", I meant install the STUN server software on
    I have another solution which might be more suitable, because it uses my
    own web page, and own code, but if you have any concerns about validity
    please lets know: I use some javascript on my web page. My program
    calls this script, and then parses the resulting page to get the user IP
    address:
    http://www.spamdel.com/myip.shtml

    Thanks very much.
    Alistair+

    Alistair George, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Alistair George

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    What's the point of the Javascript? It just makes it much more difficult to
    parse.

    Why not just send the IP and be done with it: http://u.nu/ip.php

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Works well, but I dont know PHP and the best I could come up with is:

    But that wont echo to the page - any tips?

    Alistair George, Apr 2, 2005
  8. Alistair George

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Sounds like your server is not processing it through PHP. Are you using
    Apache or one of the off-brand servers?

    Source code for ip.php:

    <?= $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] ?>

    So basically what you were doing.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Apr 2, 2005
  9. No, that worked! thanks vm. Al+

    Alistair George, Apr 3, 2005
  10. The problem was the surrounding quotation marks in original script:
    <?= $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] ?>
    should have been
    <?= $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] ?>

    Alistair George, Apr 3, 2005
  11. account with a provider, and a free one is sufficient to the job. (The
    Tks 4 info. I would like to implement this sort of thing in Delphi, but
    it seems no one has rolled a component to manage SIP from the client
    point of view - yet?
    Al+

    Alistair George, Apr 5, 2005
  12. Alistair George

    Guest Guest

    Alistair George wrote:
    [...]
    A quick google search for "sip delphi" returned (among other
    interesting hits):

    http://www.ictrnid.org.uk/index.html?softlib.html
    [...] SIP Stack 0.3 (D6) This ZIP file (457KB) contains the source code
    for the stack as well as a demo application. Last updated 24 December
    2004.

    The license seems to be quite liberal, BSD-style. However I haven't
    used it (and I don't know Delphi) so I cannot comment further.

    Enzo

    Guest, Apr 5, 2005
  13. Hi Enzo. Appreciate, but that is for a SIP stack which is a host I
    suspect? I want to get SIP from the client point of view only, the host
    is much more comprehensive.
    Al+

    Alistair George, Apr 5, 2005