    I would prefer no to resent the BIOS and would be grateful for any advice on
    how to clear this password.
    Thanks.

    W, May 20, 2006

  2. W

    why? Guest

    www.dell.com , follow the links for Home Office then Support with the
    service tag to identify the system. This will take you to the manuals
    and FAQ.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, May 20, 2006

  3. W

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Sounds like a system password set in the bios, since you have the password
    you should be able to get into the bios to turn it off. Just check every
    screen until you find it. Otherwise you have to clear it by resetting it.
    Temporarily disable your antivirus software, do a Google search for "kill
    cmos" down load it and run it.

    pcbutts1, May 20, 2006