    to do too much on it lest the beeping be some warning of impending doom and
    he loses all his work.

    Thanks

    tempus fugit, Mar 7, 2008

  2. tempus fugit

    Baron Guest

    tempus fugit wrote:

    > Hey all;
    >
    > A friend of mine has a Dell Poweredge 1300 computer (server). When he
    > boots, it beeps a repeated single beep, continues to boot and load
    > Windows, and appears to work fine. The beep continues until the
    > computer is turned off. Does anyone know what the beeping means and
    > how to stop it? He is hesitant to do too much on it lest the beeping
    > be some warning of impending doom and he loses all his work.
    >
    > Thanks

    Check that its not overheating. Make sure the fans are running and are
    clean.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Mar 7, 2008

  3. tempus fugit

    tempus fugit Guest

    "Baron" <> wrote in message
    > tempus fugit wrote:
    >
    > > Hey all;
    > >
    > > A friend of mine has a Dell Poweredge 1300 computer (server). When he
    > > boots, it beeps a repeated single beep, continues to boot and load
    > > Windows, and appears to work fine. The beep continues until the
    > > computer is turned off. Does anyone know what the beeping means and
    > > how to stop it? He is hesitant to do too much on it lest the beeping
    > > be some warning of impending doom and he loses all his work.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Check that its not overheating. Make sure the fans are running and are
    > clean.
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards:
    > Baron.

    Thanks Baron.

    There is one very noisy fan (the CPU fan) although it's not attached
    directly to the CPU - it attaches to the back of the chassis, and kindl of
    blows air across the CPU. Sometimes it seems like it's not blowing much. You
    think this could be the problem?

    Thanks

    tempus fugit, Mar 8, 2008
  4. tempus fugit

    Baron Guest

    tempus fugit wrote:

    > "Baron" <> wrote in message
    >> tempus fugit wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hey all;
    >> >
    >> > A friend of mine has a Dell Poweredge 1300 computer (server). When
    >> > he boots, it beeps a repeated single beep, continues to boot and
    >> > load Windows, and appears to work fine. The beep continues until
    >> > the computer is turned off. Does anyone know what the beeping means
    >> > and how to stop it? He is hesitant to do too much on it lest the
    >> > beeping be some warning of impending doom and he loses all his
    >> > work.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    >> Check that its not overheating. Make sure the fans are running and
    >> are clean.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards:
    >> Baron.

    > Thanks Baron.
    >
    > There is one very noisy fan (the CPU fan) although it's not attached
    > directly to the CPU - it attaches to the back of the chassis, and
    > kindl of blows air across the CPU. Sometimes it seems like it's not
    > blowing much. You think this could be the problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Actually I have just started to scrap a Dell Poweredge 2200. That
    beeped when it got too hot. In mine the CPU fan had stopped
    compleatly. It took about ten minutes to get hot enough to beep.
    So yes it could be your problem.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.