DELL PORTABLES TIPS, TRICKS & PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VikasJ, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. VikasJ

    VikasJ Guest

    Dear Friends,

    I have started this topic so that you understand dell options and get
    help if you require on any of your dell portables.

    1. If you have a portable I would require the following to help you.

    a. Service tag.(alpha numeric 7 digit code that is on a sticker on the
    bottom plastics of you portable.) and / or express service code that is
    a 11 digit numeric code found at the same place.

    b. The second place to find it is is you are logged onto windows xp is
    start-->all programs-->dell accessories-->express service code. when
    you guys would click on this program you would find pop up window that
    would display the both these numbers.

    3. I would post tip of the day and number them as TIP OF THE DAY #XXXXX
    where x would be numbers.

    Regards
    Vicky

    VikasJ, Oct 30, 2005