    ProTools, just kinda feel it's time to make this upgrade as well.

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Mar 29, 2008

  2. Steve Freides

    Flyer Guest

    XP (32 bit version) casan only address a maximum of 4GB, but it will only
    use 3.something of that 4Gb

    P.

    Flyer, Mar 29, 2008

  3. Steve Freides

    Tony Guest

    Steve is that really you?

    Tony, Mar 30, 2008
  4. With 32bit XP, you can only use 3-3.5 GB of RAM, depends upon the mainboard
    and the address range used for PCI or onboard cards.
    So get 2x1GB and 2x512MB of DDRAM2 sticks to fill both banks and make use of
    interleaved access.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 30, 2008
  5. I guess that depends on who you are ...

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Mar 30, 2008
  6. That's what I did. I was going to put 1 gb additional in my wife's
    machine but she doesn't use it for much, so I've got just what you said,
    the 2 x 512 I had plus 2 x 1 gb. I put the 1 gb where the 512's were
    and moved the 512's to empty slots - don't know if that was necessary
    but it seems to work.

    The way the machine was slots 2 and 4 had chips in them, 1 and 3 were
    empty - I was surprised by that. I assume this has to do with
    "interleaving".

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Apr 3, 2008