    I would greatly apreciate it.
    thanks
    Kevin

    Kevin King, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Kevin King

    docmill Guest

    (Kevin King) wrote in
    Try a boot disk in the floppy. Set the Bios to load from that first.
    Download one from either of these if you need one.

    http://www.startdisk.com/Web1/ubd/ubd.htm

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    docmill, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Kevin King

    Hamman Guest

    Sounds like the disk controllers are screwed, i saw this happen on a P2
    Compaq machine once.
    Try sticking a PCI ATA card in and see if it boots off that.
    Just hope theres nothing wrong with the southbridge... its a slippery slope.

    hamman

    Hamman, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Just a thought, but, you didn't change the IDE cable, did you?

    Many Dells HATE "long" IDE cables, cables that would be the normal length in
    other machines.

    At times I have had to remove the IDE connector off the cable and re-clamp
    it back onto the cable nearer the mobo, cutting off the excess cable. This
    has solved the problem countless times. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT EASY in that it
    is extremely difficult to remove the connector and reposition it accurately.

    eric the seal, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Kevin King

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    BWAGHAGAHGAHGAHHAAHAHHAAHHA!!!