    Col. Mustard Guest

    Anyone know what brand or model use for their 7200rpm and 5400rpm notebook
    drives?

    Col. Mustard, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Col. Mustard

    cd Guest

    the 7200rpm is most likely the hitachi 7k60
    i think they use hitachi for the 5400rpm aswell, then again they
    probably use a bunch of brands depending on availiablity

    cd, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Col. Mustard

    Garland Guest

    Just call them, and they'll tell you.. if you have the serial no.

    Garland, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Col. Mustard

    Col. Mustard Guest

    Should have clarified - in Australia.

    Col. Mustard, Feb 14, 2006
  5. Col. Mustard

    Col. Mustard Guest

    Haven't purchased one yet - just trying to decide which model to go for out
    of the 60, 80 and 100Gb in 5400 or 7200 rpm flavour for a new Inspiron 6000
    in Australia. Quietness, value for money and performance are the main
    criteria.

    Col. Mustard, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Col. Mustard

    Tom Scales Guest

    Whatever was cheapest on the day it was assembled. Or the minute. Or what
    happened to be in the tray.

    No guarantees on what you'll get. Could be different than the one before
    and the one after.

    Tom Scales, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Insist on a 7200 model. My Inspiron has 3Ghz CPU, 2Gb RAM, and runs
    like a dog, as far as I can tell because of the disk (though it could
    be Dell's hack job on XP installation - I've given up trying to work
    out why).

    m.

    Matt Atterbury, Feb 15, 2006
  8. Col. Mustard

    Tom Scales Guest

    What Dell laptop has a 3G CPU? Anything recent has a P-M.

    Tom Scales, Feb 15, 2006
  9. Col. Mustard

    Clint Guest

    My 18 month old Inspiron 9100 has similar specs to his. 3GHz P4
    HyperThreaded processor...

    On the plus side, it functions fine as a space heater. Battery life,
    however, is measured in minutes, not hours.

    Clint

    Clint, Feb 15, 2006
  10. Col. Mustard

    Tom Scales Guest

    Ah, yes. My 9300, however, is P-M and works nicely on my lap.

    Tom Scales, Feb 15, 2006
  11. Col. Mustard

    Clint Guest

    Actually, I'm using a Lattitude D810 right now, and I find it warmer on my
    lap than the 9100 was. Of course, I never hear the fan, either... That
    9100, when the fan kicked in, sounded like a jet spooling up for take-off.
    It would always frustrate me (and others) when we had a conference call, and
    the fan would kick in right beside the phone... :) Ah, the good old days...

    Clint

    Clint, Feb 16, 2006