    music from an external hard drive the computer heats up and shuts down
    itself. I ran the dell diagnostics and it says everything is fine.
    What could be causing this? Thanks

    debnarayan461, Jan 3, 2008

  2. debnarayan461

    meerkat Guest

    Thanks
    Often caused by being clogged up with dust/muck around
    the heatsink/s and fan/s.
    Or breakdown of thermal contact on the CPU/heatsink.
    Time for investigation.

    meerkat, Jan 3, 2008

  3. debnarayan461

    Meat Plow Guest

    Laptops are notorious for sucking up dust and fibers from fabrics.
    Happened to one of my laptops after my kid used it.

    Meat Plow, Jan 3, 2008
  4. debnarayan461

    Plato Guest

    The PC/laptop is overheating.