    John D Guest

    How would one turn off the touchpad in a dell/inspiron 8200 so that only the
    external mouse works ?

    John D, Aug 3, 2003

  2. John D

    John D Guest

    Recorded.

    John D, Aug 3, 2003

  3. John D

    °Mike° Guest

    Erm... ok... I think.

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  4. John D

    John D Guest

    Ok. Good answer but is there a way to do it in windows. That is XP Home.
    This is a posted question for my brother.

    John D, Aug 3, 2003
  5. John D

    °Mike° Guest

    What's wrong with disabling it in the BIOS?

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  6. John D

    John D Guest

    Well nothing if I was doing it but I have to communicate with a no-nothing
    via e-mail.

    John D, Aug 3, 2003
  7. John D

    °Mike° Guest

    Sorry, I don't have XP, so I can't say if it's possible or not in
    Windows.

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  8. John D

    Stigmus Guest

    I have an Inspiron 8200 and the only way I see to disable the touchpad from
    within Windows is to go to Control Panel - > Mouse -> Device Select -> and
    select Stick, rather than Stick & Pad, or Pad. I have 2000 Advanced Server
    on it though with the most recent drivers released by Dell so he may not
    have that option, but it is worth a shot.

    --Stigmus

    Stigmus, Aug 3, 2003
  9. John D

    Stigmus Guest