Dell D810 and DLink DSL G604T

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Don Draks, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. Don Draks

    Don Draks Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a DLink DSL G604T linked by ethernet to a Dell Dimension running XP
    SP2. Everything works fine, the Dimension can access the internet.

    I also have a Dell Latitude D810 which used to simply wirelessly link with
    the home network. All was fine with the D810 accessing the internet and once
    the firewalls were temporarily disabled the Dimension and D810 could browse
    each other.

    In the last week however, when I try to connect the D810 wirelessly to the
    network the D810 cannot access the internet. Also the Dimension looses its
    internet connection. Both the Dimension and the D810 can link to the DLink
    configuration through explorer on 192.168.0.1

    In order to get the Dimension back able to access the internet I have to
    switch off the wireless on the D810 and reboot the Dlink.

    I have checked the firewall on the D810 and everything appears ok. At the
    same time I have noticed when I take my D810 to work and hard wire via
    ethernet to the office network that it takes ages for the D810 to see the
    office server although it can pick up internet access quickly. I've called
    my home domain the same as the office domain so a do not have to keep
    changing things on the D810.

    As I say, everything used to work just fine at office and at home. I've
    reinstalled the D810 wireless adapter drivers with no improvement.

    I recently loaded Network Stumbler but things were working after I installed
    it. Things failed about a week later. Your all about to tell me its the
    Network Stumbler aren't you?

    If I disable Norton internet security, It makes no difference.

    Anybody got any bright ideas?? Don't reply privately as the return address
    does not exist.

    Thanks
    Brian
    UK

    Don Draks, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Don Draks

    TW Guest

    Virus?
    Spyware?
    These are the first things I would check.
    TW

    TW, Sep 16, 2005