    Alright, maybe I'm missing something here... Trying to remove the
    outer case of a Dell Dimension 8100. It's all black plastic, no
    screws in the back or anything. How do you get these buggers off?

    Marc, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Marc

    NoOne Guest

    Are theses the ones that hinge from the back and open on the left side?
    Kind of like a clam?

    NoOne, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Or maybe they're the ones that have a 'release' button in the lower
    front corner? If so they probably also have an anti-theft 'padlock'
    latch in the back-make certain that the padlock (if any) is removed &
    the latch is open. Then press the button in the front & the side (and
    half the top) just lifts right off.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Marc

    Thor Guest

    I think those are just on the "Optiplex" business PC line, but I could be
    mistaken.

    Thor, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Marc

    Roy Guest

    The one I have has this black thiny sticking out in the back. Hold it
    down while trying to slide the left panel of the case toward the back.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    Roy, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Marc

    DH Guest

    I just delivered 8100s. Calvin is correct. There is a button in the front,
    the hinges are on the top and there is a anti-theft, lock latch on the back.
    I did notice that two of the system required the lifting of the bottom
    before it could be pulled from the frame.

    Dave H.

    DH, Nov 21, 2003
  7. This is definitely a Dimension, and I think it's an 8100. The Optiplex
    may have the same case although the only ones I've seen are the
    'clamshell'-and I've never seen a clamshell on a Dimension. But then I
    don't work with enough Dells to be certain which cases are 'restricted'
    to which lines-all I'm certain of are which cases I've *seen* on which
    lines-and I've seen the clamshell cases on an Optiplex & this 'release
    button' case on a Dimension.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 21, 2003