    and synchronized his address book but nothing shows up in the Palm
    program area either.

    Win XP Pro, SP 2.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005

  2. SgtMinor

    Sly Guest

    tools then address book?

    Sly, Jul 5, 2005

  3. SgtMinor

    hf938 Guest

    From Outlook 2002, select contacts, highlight the contact, either delete it
    or change the properties to correct error.

    hf938, Jul 5, 2005
  4. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    The name with the incorrect address is not listed in the address book.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005
  5. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    The record does not show up in contacts.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005
  6. SgtMinor

    hf938 Guest

    Having a hard time understanding. Where and when does the incorrect address
    present a problem? If it is not in adbook or contacts, does it come up when
    they reply to the person? Most likely the case then would be is that the
    reply address is munged, either by intent or flaw from the sender.

    hf938, Jul 5, 2005
  7. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    The incorrect address pops up as a first choice as Outlook tries to
    complete the information entered in the "To" window.

    Sometime ago he created the record with an incorrect email address and
    has not been able to remove it. He can't recall how or where or in
    which program he made that mistake.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005
  8. SgtMinor

    hf938 Guest

    And in the dropdown list, I assume there is the correct address?

    hf938, Jul 5, 2005
  9. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    Yes. And that one shows in Address book, but not Contacts.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005
  10. SgtMinor

    hf938 Guest

    Another question, is this when composing a new mail from scratch? Is it an
    auto-complete trying to finish typing? Then maybe clearing the
    auto-complete forms in Control Panel/Internet Options/Content/Auto
    Complete>Clear Forms might help.

    hf938, Jul 5, 2005
  11. SgtMinor

    hf938 Guest

    My copy of Outlook provides up to 3 email addresses per person. Would
    suggest looking the person up in the address book, checking the Properties
    meticulously for any chance of multiple email addresses such as a dropdown
    arrow for emails and then deleting the offending reference. The Windows
    address book, i've just looked at, can contain multiple emails for a single
    name, too.

    hf938, Jul 5, 2005
  12. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    This sounds intriguing. I'll ask him to try that in the morning. Thanks.

    SgtMinor, Jul 5, 2005
  13. SgtMinor

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Jul 5, 2005
  14. SgtMinor

    Fred Guest

    In your case, it might be easier to pick up a raw, shelled egg with
    chopsticks than to help a friend delete from his laptop an incorrect address
    in outlook 2002.
    I have no idea. How is that done?
    I think you should try ms's suggestions in article 307730 - "how to add and
    remove names in my address book in windows xp" again.
    How would I know where else you could look to find that address, SgtMinor?
    I just love programming.
    Reread your statement.

    Fred, Jul 5, 2005
  15. SgtMinor

    Spider Guest

    SgtMinor,
    Actually that is in the Outlook nickname file. Have the person bring up the
    bad email address by starting to type it into a new message. When it comes
    up in the pop up list, highlight it while the list is still visible and hit
    the delete key on the keyboard. That will get rid of it. Another way is to
    search the drive (include hidden files and folders) for *.nk2 and delete or
    rename that file. Caution though, if you delete the whole file it will get
    rid of all the stored names and they will start from scratch building a new
    one.

    --

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/

    Spider, Jul 5, 2005
  16. FRED FRED...
    you are a piece of shit
    a piece of shit
    I will follow you forever
    lsdòldsòldòlasd

    Fred is back killer, Jul 5, 2005
  17. SgtMinor

    Fred Guest

    Wow! A world's first! I can see the headlines now, "STALKER HARASSES
    ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM".

    Fred, Jul 5, 2005
  18. SgtMinor

    MrGrumpy Guest

    If incorrect address shown in autocomplete, simply highlight using arrow
    keys and hit delete btn

    MrGrumpy, Jul 5, 2005
  19. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    No joy. We cleared forms auto complete, but the 'bad apple' entry
    popped up again.

    SgtMinor, Jul 6, 2005
  20. SgtMinor

    SgtMinor Guest

    Spider

    After the first three letters of the addressee's name are typed in, the
    pop up list shows two names. Any attempt to highlight the incorrect
    entry results in the name popping up in the To... box. Deleting it from
    there has no affect.

    I wasn't sure if you meant that only the auto complete file would be
    gone but realized what you warned about when I renamed the .nk2 file and
    noticed that *all* addresses disappeared. There are over 100 and he is
    not prepared to re-enter them all.

    Thanks for your ideas.

    SgtMinor, Jul 6, 2005