    How do I delete a drive that doesn't exist? In the "my computer" screen it
    shows drive f (removable media) and it is now longer in my system. It was an
    external HP CD writer and I removed it recently.

    Mike, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Mike

    pcbutts1 Guest

    A cd writer is not removable media. do you have any flash card readers on
    your system or anything plugged into your USB ports?

    pcbutts1, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Mike

    Kyle Guest

    Did you remove the device from device manager? how was it connected? did
    you "safely" remove the hardware, even so after a reboot it should be gone.
    Is there software controlling a virtual CD device for "drag and drop" cd
    burning?

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    : How do I delete a drive that doesn't exist? In the "my computer" screen it
    : shows drive f (removable media) and it is now longer in my system. It was
    an
    : external HP CD writer and I removed it recently.
    :
    :

    Kyle, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Mike

    Brian Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > A cd writer is not removable media. do you have any flash card readers on
    > your system or anything plugged into your USB ports?

    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > How do I delete a drive that doesn't exist? In the "my computer" screen

    it
    > > shows drive f (removable media) and it is now longer in my system. It

    was
    > an
    > > external HP CD writer and I removed it recently.

    if you had read the OP properly you will have realised that it was an
    "external" cd writer

    Brian, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Mike

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > A cd writer is not removable media. do you have any flash card readers on
    > your system or anything plugged into your USB ports?

    My DVD-ROM, DVD burner, and CD RW are all shown as devices with
    removable media.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Mike

    Frank Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > How do I delete a drive that doesn't exist? In the "my computer"

    screen it
    > shows drive f (removable media) and it is now longer in my system.

    It was an
    > external HP CD writer and I removed it recently.

    Should be uninstalled from device manager before removal.

    Frank, Jun 11, 2004