    Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred from
    Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?
    calp.

    Colin Palmer, Feb 25, 2008

  2. Colin Palmer

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Colin Palmer.

    In <news:TFGwj.3773$> you wrote:

    > Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred from
    > Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?

    Your mail server hates you ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Feb 25, 2008

  3. Colin Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:45:23 GMT, "Colin Palmer"
    <> wrote:

    >Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred from
    >Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?

    I don't know.

    Have you asked them?

    Evan Platt, Feb 25, 2008
  4. Colin Palmer

    Gordon Guest

    "Colin Palmer" <> wrote in message
    > Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred from
    > Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?
    > calp.

    Well at 22.19 Tesco.net service status says everything OK. How do you KNOW
    they are taking a long time to get from Tesco to your machine?

    Gordon, Feb 25, 2008
  5. Colin Palmer

    Mike Easter Guest

    Colin Palmer wrote:
    > Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred
    > from Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?

    You can watch some clues about what is going on in the OE status bar.

    OE/ View/ Layout/ Basic section - check Status bar

    The status bar lives down at the very bottom edge of the OE folder view.
    When you are in the Inbox, it tells you the # messages, # unread and
    further to the right it has a 'working online' section and a section on
    the far R about the engagement with the mailserver which tells about
    connecting, authorizing, etc.

    If you watch your status bar during the interaction of send or receive
    or send/receive, you may sometimes get a clue about what part is going
    on the longest.

    There are some other strategies involving activating the logging
    function in maintenance - troubleshooting, but very often that isn't as
    helpful as seeing/watching the status bar.

    You can also tinker with some telnet routines to determine if the server
    is pokey or something else.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 25, 2008
  6. Colin Palmer

    chuckcar Guest

    "Colin Palmer" <> wrote in

    > Why am I waiting so long for my incoming messages to be transferred
    > from Tesco inbox to my Outlook Express inbox ?
    > calp.

    1. Are you on dialup? 2. Is someone sending you pictures that are *way*
    too big? say BMP's or jpegs over 100KB. 3. If neither what *is* included
    in the message, specifically attachments and their size would be
    relevant. 4. Is the message plain text or (for some stupid reason) is
    someone sending you a formatted document like one from word?

    To Summarize, We don't know how fast you're getting what we don't know
    you're getting.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 26, 2008