Delayed Response With Canon A70 (and now A20)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I've had a Canon A20 for a long time and have never had any problems.
    I recently had a chance to borrow a friend's A70 to try it out and
    noticed that there was a significant delay after pressing the button
    to take a picture (1-1.5 seconds). This even occurred after pressing
    the button to auto-focus the camera prior to taking the picture, and
    not changing the target. Since it wasn't my camera, I decided not to
    mess with any of the settings (and I only used the default mode for
    pictures).

    The funny thing is, after recently deleting the pictures off the card
    on my A20, I'm suddenly experiencing the same delay. Pictures that
    used to be taken instantaneously now occur after the camera pauses for
    the same 1-1.5 seconds (with the orange light on the front of the
    camera on) Anybody else run into this problem, or if this is a
    configuration issue, can somebody offer a suggestion on what to tweak?

    There's nothing on the Canon web site which indicates that this is a
    known problem (I figure it might be a configuration issue – I need to
    download a new manual to see if I'm missing anything since mine has
    gone missing). Anybody else run into this kind of delay?

    Thanks in advance,

    -Dave

    Dave, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Dave

    bluestringer Guest

    I think all the A seires Canons have a slow shutter response, my A60 does
    the same thing. I was thinking the A70 had improved on this though.

    bluestringer

    bluestringer, Jan 6, 2004