    When I try to defragment i am asked to buy diskmaster lite and can not
    proceed without this. Should defragmenter come free with windows or must I
    buy this software. Scrabbler

    scrabbler, Dec 23, 2009

  2. scrabbler

    Brian Guest

    Although this is not the correct group for that question, I'll save you some
    time... No. The fact that your windows is doing this is an indication that
    something has taken over part of your system that maybe it shouldn't have.
    Could be bloatware, could be scamware. Hard to say. Bottom line is nothing
    that comes with windows prompts you to buy more software.

    To be quite honest, I did a search on "diskmaster lite" and found nothing.
    Although there is a program called diskmaster. So you may have scamware on
    your system. Make sure you do a scan with up to date anti-virus and
    anti-trojan software.

    Brian

    Brian, Dec 24, 2009