Deficit, negative $10 trillion swing under Bush

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bailey Savings & Loan, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Yes, President Bush has turned the US into the worst debtor nation in the
    history of the world. He has drive the economy right into the ditch. And why you
    ask would our fearless president do this? He did it so he could give 30% of his
    tax cuts to millionaires making 1.2 million per year, or $576 per hour in terms
    normal people can understand. Of the current $422+ billion dollar deficit, $270
    billion is specifically because of Bush tax cuts. 30%, or $81 Billion of this
    went to millionaires. So we are in essence borrowing money -- that our
    grandchildren will have to pay back -- to finance tax kickbacks to millionaires!

    So while high energy and health care costs are killing lower and middle class
    Americans, Bush chose to borrow $81 billion dollars to give to millionaires
    making $576 per hour. Can you imagine making that kind of money? You could work
    four hours and you have your house mortgage and car payment taken care of!! I'm
    really glad Bush chose to borrow our money to help these people. These
    millionaires were hurting big time!

    When GW Bush was elected 3 1/2 years ago, the projected 10 year "surplus" was
    predicted to be 4 or 5 trillion dollars (That's right, SURPLUS.) The prediction
    right now is for a "deficit" of over 2 trillion dollars 10 years from now. Here
    is the scary part. If Bush's tax cuts, which predominantly go to the super rich,
    are made permanent, the projected 10 year deficit is almost 5 trillion dollars.

    So this is a potential 10 trillion dollar negative swing with Bush in office!
    This idiot has driven the country right into a ditch, and in the process he is
    siphoning money from the middle and lower class to the ultra rich. If this
    continues, the only way the country will be able to keep it's head above water
    is to cuts all the safety nets of the middle and lower class, which is social
    security and Medicare.

    30% of the Bush tax cuts went to the upper 1%. This is actually better than it
    could have been. If all of Bush's tax cuts had been enacted as he wanted, fully
    45% of his tax cuts would have gone to the super wealthy.

    We are going into deep debt, borrowing money to finance tax cuts for
    millionaires. And these millionaires are rewarding us by sending money to tax
    free accounts in the Cayman Islands and shipping decent paying manufacturing
    jobs to China and decent paying IT jobs to India.

    Bush and Cheney are practicing bait and switch on a massive scale

    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...4399255.story?coll=la-news-comment-editorials"...anew report from the Congressional Budget Office projects a $422-billiondeficitthis year and $2.3 trillion over the next decade, even if the currenttax cuts,technically set to expire over the next few years, are not extended.If they are,it projects a tab of $4.5 trillion. The $2.3 trillion is alreadyhigher than theoffice's previous estimate in March because of increasedspending by Congress,which is stuck with paying for, among other things,prolonged wars in Iraq andAfghanistan. In other words, this deficit, unlikeprevious ones, is not a blip,but a.....Even the CBO's $4.5-trillion deficit over 10 years is almost surelytoooptimistic - it's based on the assumption that funding for domesticprogramswill not rise faster than inflation and not keep pace with populationgrowth."

    Bailey Savings & Loan, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Save it for 2008........You're just wasting valuable bandwidth.........

    William Graham, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Bailey Savings & Loan

    Donald Link Guest

    Hey deadhead you have lost, lost, lost and will never win again with
    trash such as senators from mini states with no conviction.

    Donald Link, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Bailey Savings & Loan

    Donald Link Guest

    God, do you not know your a LOSER in the election and America has
    spoken. Keep it up and maybe the Republicans will win by 8 million
    next time.

    Donald Link, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Then it's a good thing you have squirreled away so much bait between
    your ears...

    Bob Harrington, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Bailey Savings & Loan

    Vrstull Guest

    So, with such a bad record should not even the most marginal candidate have
    kicked the President's ass from one coast to the other? That Sen. Kerry lost
    to such an incompetent idiot, Sen. Kerry's assessment I'm sure, not my own,
    says this: Kerry came back from Viet Nam a loser, he married a loser, and so,
    continuing a trend HE LOST. Get over it! And, while you're at it, be prepared
    to be disappointed again when Hillary is nominated and runs in '08. She too
    married a loser and will cement the trend when she gets trounced trying to
    convince the "red states" that she is the answer to all our problems.

    Vrstull, Nov 6, 2004
  7. Bailey Savings & Loan

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: Donald Link