    Stu Dapples Guest

    why you

    You get what you voted for. Live with it.

    Stu Dapples, Jan 23, 2005

  2. K Kesey McMurphy

    Stu Dapples Guest

    ..... top-post and don't snip.

    Stu Dapples, Jan 23, 2005

  3. K Kesey McMurphy

    Stu Dapples Guest

    Don't they have caps lock keys where you come from?

    Stu Dapples, Jan 23, 2005
  4. DID YOU NOT NOTICE I USED ONE?

    Jan Panteltje, Jan 23, 2005
  5. K Kesey McMurphy

    Crownfield Guest

    he assumed that you were smart, and had made a mistake.
    they were unfounded assumptions...

    Crownfield, Jan 23, 2005
  6. If it weren't for higher taxes and bigger government, there wouldn't even be
    any Democrats........

    William Graham, Jan 23, 2005
  7. K Kesey McMurphy

    Stacey Guest

    Actually most poor people ride the bus.

    Stacey, Jan 23, 2005
  8. K Kesey McMurphy

    panteltje Guest

    NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A SMART PERSON WOULD MAKE A MISTAKE.
    if you can.
    WHEN ONE ASSUMES ONE CAN EASRLY BECOME THE FIRST 2 LETTERS OF ASSUME.

    panteltje, Jan 23, 2005
  9. K Kesey McMurphy

    Crownfield Guest

    you are right. he was wrong.
    you did not make a mistake, you were just not smart.
    he was wrong to ASSume that you were smart.

    and a clueless net newbie to boot.

    Crownfield, Jan 23, 2005
  10. K Kesey McMurphy

    panteltje Guest

    Dear TROLL I am sorry about your boot.
    I did not know TROLS had boots.
    AS YOU PROBABLY NOW FIGURED OUT THIS THREAD WILL CONTINUE INDEFINITELY
    BECAUSE IF ONE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS THEN THERE IS NO END.
    SO YOUR DEEPEST TROLLLLLLL WISHES HAVE COME TRUE JUST KEEP ASKING.
    FIGHT THE WHITE HOUSE TROLLLLLL

    panteltje, Jan 23, 2005
  11. K Kesey McMurphy

    Mike Henley Guest

    Sorry Bill. You don't count (as a rich). You made your money by saving
    it from a regular employee salary.

    However you want to break it, it's well established that since the
    magna carta, the tax system has been favored the rich.

    Mike Henley, Jan 23, 2005
  12. That's strange. I looked over the tax forms very carefully, and no where on
    the form is there any place for me to tell the government how I got my
    money. The form, (just like you) assumes that I stole it from someone else,
    and should have to pay more taxes on the income I derive from it. It doesn't
    matter whether I got a million dollars from doing a gig at Hollywood Bowl,
    or saved my way to it by putting 10% of my income away during my entire
    working life. I still have to pay double taxes on the income it earns me.

    William Graham, Jan 23, 2005
  13. K Kesey McMurphy

    rafe bustin Guest

    Oh bull. The nature of income is distinguished
    in a myriad of ways. If all you file is 1040 or
    1040 EZ, you're a wage earning prole, plain and
    simple.

    If you file form C, you have a business of some
    sort.

    If you have interest or dividend income, that's
    spelled out in form B and all its supplemental
    forms. The interest and dividend income (on
    state forms) is further subdivided by its source --
    ie., in-state income taxed at a separate rate
    from out-of state; dividends on state/municipal
    bonds taxed differently from dividends from stock.

    If you have significant deductions (eg. interest
    on a home loan) that's known through form A,
    and again that reflects your social status,
    giving you an advantage proportional to the
    debt you can carry.

    Etc. and so on.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Jan 23, 2005
  14. K Kesey McMurphy

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Smirk. "Fair" share.

    Did you also look at the capital gains tax rate? 15%. Before
    deductions. How about that inheritance tax? Zip.

    Meanwhile, those who are rich use far more in government services.
    Oh boo hoo. The CEO who earns $1,000,000 a year has to pay $150,000
    in taxes leaving only $850,000. And the worker who earns $20,000 a
    year pays only $1,500/year leaving $18,500.

    You're either rich or you're a sucker.
    Yes, they do. Bigger houses, more expensive property, more banking
    and securities protections...
    Bullshit. Today's corporate executives risk almost nothing.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 27, 2005
  15. K Kesey McMurphy

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Well of course. Just because Bush was projecting big surpluses in
    order to justify tax cuts doesn't mean that he was telling the truth.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 27, 2005
  16. K Kesey McMurphy

    Sigma2 Guest

    American politicians are all in the pockets of major enterprises. How
    can you support that kind og government ?
    regs,

    Mads (From Scandinavia)

    Sigma2, Jan 27, 2005
  17. K Kesey McMurphy

    Steve Young Guest

    Exactly
    Question, which is larger $1,500 or $150,000?
    The percentage isn't any higher for po folks. Where's the beef?
    Prolly much less when it comes right down to it
    Let's see, one worker pays $1,500
    and the other worker pays $150,000

    What say we split the inequity and each worker pays $75,750?
    No, it means you didn't study hard enough in college ;)
    Prolly pay about the same property taxes, wouldn't you guess?
    (Inner city rental vs. suburban estate)
    educate the same number of offspring in the public schools?
    maybe work the medical system a little harder?
    tear up the roads a little more in their Hummers?

    who are you kidding?
    Easy enough, take one of those executive jobs :)

    Steve Young, Jan 27, 2005
  18. I think it's the 50 billion dollars in corporate bailouts so that CEOs
    of car companies, Airlines etc. wouldn't ahve to take a pay cut.

    Chris Phillipo, Jan 27, 2005
  19. The "worker" that pays $150,000 probably owe's his remaining $800,000 to
    the sweat of a couple hundred of those taking home $18,500. Get it?

    Chris Phillipo, Jan 27, 2005