Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by imhotep, Jun 10, 2006.

  1. imhotep

    imhotep Guest

    This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very
    important topic for which we all should monitor closly...

    "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules
    that guaranteed net neutrality.

    During the debate House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, said that without
    the amendment telecommunications and cable companies will be able to create
    toll lanes on the information superhighway.

    This strikes at the heart of the free and equal nature of the internet, she
    added."

    Write your congressman/congresswoman (if you live in the US)

    Article:

    Save the Internet:
    http://www.savetheinternet.com/

    Its our net:
    http://www.itsournet.org/

    imhotep, Jun 10, 2006

  2. imhotep

    responder Guest

    Sorry if this is duplicate reply. Getting errors ...

    See also on same subject with video and audio feeds:

    Other bad news from D.C., with suggested action:

    http://action.eff.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ADV_homepage

    responder, Jun 10, 2006

  3. imhotep

    responder Guest

    Another informative link, with video and audio feeds:

    What it means is just one more big chunk of bad news out of D.C. Look
    here for more:

    http://action.eff.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ADV_homepage

    responder, Jun 10, 2006