    I thus wanted to know how I can set the default back to the Mail
    program, which I use on OsX.

    Thanks in advance for any help and assistance in this matter.

    hounslow3, May 2, 2012

  2. hounslow3

    Paul Guest

    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_set_my_default_email_program_on_mac_os_x.html

    "it turns out you need to launch the Mail.app program just once
    to get to its Preferences panel.

    When you start it up, the program will step you through the configuration steps,
    but you don't have to finish these steps, just go step-by-step until the
    Preferences option on the Mail menu isn't greyed out.

    Once you can get to the Preferences, here's what you'll see:

    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/0-blog-pics/apple-mail-general-preferences.jpg

    The topmost element is what you want to change: pick the mailer you'd prefer
    as your default email handler

    Click the little red button on the top left to close the window and quit Mail
    without finishing up the configuration steps.
    "

    Give that a whirl.

    Paul

    Paul, May 2, 2012