    does it override the Memberserver Local Policy if defined.
    Example "log on locally"

    Tariq

    Tariq, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Tariq

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    applied to your DC's only.
    applied to everything
    i would say the DC policy is linked & restriced to the OU where your DC
    member servers are located. The domain policy is linked at the domain
    level. so it will over ride unless blocked from below.
    order of how GPO's are applied

    - SITE
    - DOMAIN
    - OU
    - LOCAL
    p.s. this is all from memory from when i was studying for mcse. i don't use
    AD. All my sevrers are Netware NDS and Solaris and now recently, Linux
    (yeah!!).

    RY

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 17, 2004

  3. GP's are applied in the following order:

    Local GPO's
    Site GPO's
    Domain GPO's
    OU GPO's