    1loXaK3dRbvY1/eKQBerUreqxaqAIorIIoKWRYlgQWUREUExIBEFQZHFurAlQBBBsBRcqYIL...

    Is there a way by which I can copy and paste this large piece of nonsense
    text into notepad and then decode it? Anyone know of a decoding program?

    Alasdair Baxter, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    old jon Guest

    Looks loke a zipped up file by the title. Perhaps unzip with Winzip or
    winRAR.

    old jon, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    why? Guest

    Not it is not, why is it always the same comment?

    The message info says - Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 , which is
    just a bit different from UUencode.

    The MIME type/subtype is this line
    Depending on OS, assuming Windows.

    Yes, it's been mentioned before
    and WinZIP
    http://www.winzip.com/uu00007.htm

    ripped from a previous post.
    7. why? Feb 3, 5:01 am show options
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    From: why? <fgrirp*[email protected]!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> - Find messages by this
    author
    Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:01:32 GMT
    Subject: Re: BinHex4.0
    Report Abuse

    http://www.funduc.com/explorer_extensions.htm USD $15
    Encode - Translates binary files into a format suitable for Internet
    Email attachments. Encode supports UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac),
    Quoted-Printable, & XXENCODE formats. [Screen shots]

    Decode - The reverse function to Encode, Decode is used to convert
    e-mail attachments back to their original form. The Decode function
    automatically detects UUENCODE, Base64(Mime), BinHex(Mac), XXENCODE,
    Quoted-Printable, 7 bit unencoded, & plain text. [Screen shots]

    There is also the freeware
    http://www.funduc.com/decext.htm
    Decode Shell Extension supports multiple attachments, multi-part files
    (already concatenated), Base64(MIME), yEnc, BinHex (Mac format),
    quoted-printable, plain text, XXENCODED, and User (table) encoded files.
    Support for yEnc is new to version 4.6.

    I've never used it for binhex/yenc, it's been a while since I last used
    it and it worked fine.

    Me

    why?, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    johny84

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    johny84, Oct 28, 2008
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    deltadel

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Re: Decoding MIME Files

    I have a folder that I saved many files in it. Today, I added a word document and alas, when I re-opened my computer, the folder became a MIME File. May I know if I can recover the files in that folder? It is urgent the the recent document is important.

    deltadel, Aug 14, 2011