    Rick Blum Guest

    I do I view files that end in extensions like mpg.xxx or wmv.xxx where xxx
    equals 002, 003, etc. Anything but 001.

    Rick Blum, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Rick Blum

    mAineAc Guest

    reassemble the files

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Rick Blum

    Unk Guest

    For multiple files (xxx.mpg.001, xxx.mpg.002, etc):
    "xxx.mpg.050" tells us this is part 50 of the file but we have
    no idea how many parts are needed unless there is also a "xxx.bat"
    file which is the stand-alone joiner, and lists the number of files
    in the set. To join without "xxx.bat", you MUST have "xxx.mpg.001".
    "xxx.mpg.001" is the first file of the set and the rest of the set will be
    appended to it as "xxx.mpg". If "xxx.mpg.000" is missing, the joined
    set may not be complete as "xxx.mpg.000" has the checksum and
    the number of parts needed to make a complete file.

    Save all the files to a folder, then combine them with the
    "xxx.bat". If "xxx.bat" is missing, then use one of the below
    programs to join the files using "xxx.mpg.001" as the start file.
    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com or
    "GSplit" http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/

    Unk, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Rick Blum

    Richard Guest

    You need to join the files with a utility program like mastersplitter
    www.tomasoft.com
    It's similar to splitting a file with OE but not as complex.
    Except for "AVI", you can view the joined parts without having all of them.
    "rar" files, require the use of winrar. www.rarlabs.com

    For avi files, you must download ALL of the parts for it to work correctly.

    Richard, Jan 18, 2005