DECnet over GRE tunnel with serial interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by parislubis, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. parislubis

    parislubis Guest

    All,

    I need help. We have some terminals with one server which run DECnet.
    They all reside in the same area (area 1). They work fine when run in
    the local segment (by using hub).

    I want to exercise one of the terminals connect to the server over the
    WAN (by using GRE tunnel) with two cisco routers with back-to-back
    serial interafce. I have configured routers with DECnet routing (phase
    IV) and assign DECnet cost to tunnel and fast ethernet interfaces.

    The problem is, when I do show decnet routing, I see all the the
    detailed routing including server and the remaining terminals at the
    other side, but when I can't see them by using show decnet neighbor. I
    noticed that the SNAP address assigned for tunnel is 0000.0000.0000
    which I susspect is the issue when talking to DECnet address format.

    Does anyone have suggestion how can I make it working by using GRE
    tunnel over back-to-back serial (to simulate a leased line)?

    regards

    Paris

    parislubis, Oct 5, 2005

  2. parislubis

    Steve Guest

    Hi Paris,

    Please post the specific DECnet configuration of what you are trying to
    accomplish ... router configs, end system addresses etc.

    -Steve

    Steve, Oct 6, 2005