    part, what are some decent cards available that aren't too expensive?

    Thanks,
    Al

    Albert Maxwell, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Albert Maxwell

    Impmon Guest

    You could get Hauppage card for around $50 but the software you
    descibe isn't readily available. You'd have a better chance of doing
    capture to AVI, editing them out to remove blank black frames and
    duplicate frames and converting the video to 12fps or 24.

    It'd be easier if you could use scanner that has film and slide option
    (light on top) and used it to scan in segment of the film, collect
    individual frames, and stitch it back to video. I can't remember if
    Super8 has audio but if it does have audio you'd have to capture it as
    sound file and synch it with video at the end.

    May be better to consider a professional film service, they would have
    the equipment, software, and experience in converting 8mms to DVD.
    Make sure they handle 8mm films, not 8mm tapes.

    Impmon, Sep 25, 2008