Decent quality free photo program

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 13, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 13, 2012

  2. I'd never heard of "Photo Pos Pro" until you mentioned it, so it's not one
    I aspire to, or appears to have a widespread reutation....

    David J Taylor, Feb 13, 2012

  3. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : Most here probably buy Photo Shop, Aperture, etc., but if you need a
    : good free one, this would fit the bill. It's become pretty powerful
    : recently.
    :
    : http://www.photopos.com/Photo-Pos-Pro-Image-Editor.asp

    The page in your link seems to suggest that it's based on Gimp. Historically,
    the word on Gimp has been that it's fairly powerful, but a bear to learn, with
    a proliferation of Unix-like windows for even simple tasks.

    Frankly, I'm fairly happy with Digital Photo Professional. It lacks the bells
    and whistles of Photoshop, but a lot of evidence suggests that Photoshop is
    too easy to overuse, producing garish results that I often don't like.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 13, 2012
  4. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    You can do garish with any post-processing program, but it's really
    plug-ins like Topaz and HDR that people tend to overuse.

    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2012