    created a lot of output in the syslog but it didn't contain the info I was
    after. I also messed with debug ppp, debug ppatm and debug pppoe but these
    didn't create any info. What is the command I need?

    tg, Nov 6, 2011

  2. tg

    Rob Guest

    It depends on the actual configuration of your ADSL connection.

    Rob, Nov 6, 2011

  3. tg

    tg Guest

    ok, does this help?

    interface ATM0/0
    mtu 1430
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    dsl operating-mode auto
    pvc 0/38
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1

    interface Dialer0
    ip address negotiated previous
    ip access-group 10 in
    no ip redirects
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 1
    dialer idle-timeout 0
    dialer persistent
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname my-user-name
    ppp chap password 0 mypassword

    tg, Nov 6, 2011
  4. tg

    Rob Guest

    Ok so you have PPPoA (PPP over ATM) on your ADSL line.
    You can use debug ppp packet.
    (or debug ip packet, of course)

    Remember that this will usually kill your router when done without
    an access list.

    Rob, Nov 6, 2011
  5. tg

    tg Guest

    debug ppp packet produces nothing from my router but debug ip packet seems
    to hit the nail on the head, thanks for your input Rob.

    tg, Nov 7, 2011