Death from Above's MCP Report

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Death from Above, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. I find numbers pretty interesting. Enjoy.

    Death from Above

    MCSE 2003
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 27,510
    Mar 2006: 40,985
    Increase: 13,475
    % Increase: 49%
    Increase per month: 1,497

    MCSA 2003
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 43,249
    Mar 2006: 62,155
    Increase: 18,906
    % Increase: 44%
    Increase per month: 2,101

    MCSE 2000
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 272,406
    Mar 2006: 275,358
    Increase: 2952
    % Increase: 1%
    Increase per month: 328

    MCSA 2000
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 153,755
    Mar 2006: 137,873
    Increase: -15,882
    % Increase: -10%
    Increase per month: -1,764

    MCDST
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 7,077
    Mar 2006: 13,583
    Increase: 6506
    % Increase: 92%
    Increase per month: 542

    MCDBA 2000
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 132,574
    Mar 2006: 138,485
    Increase: 5,911
    % Increase: 4%
    Increase per month: 657

    MCSD .NET
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 15,463
    Mar 2006: 20,582
    Increase: 5,119
    % Increase: 33%
    Increase per month: 569

    MCAD
    -------------
    Jun 2005: 33,298
    Mar 2006: 45,917
    Increase: 12,619
    % Increase: 38%
    Increase per month: 1,402

    Death from Above, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Death from Above

    kpg Guest

    Death from Above <> said something like

    Numbers, numbers, numbers. But what do they mean?

    They seems pretty normal, 2000 out, 2003 in. Programmers in.

    Yeah baby! Programmers rule!

    kpg

    kpg, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Death from Above

    Briscobar Guest

    ???

    How did the number of MCSA's decrease? Surely this doesn't count people
    dying. And even if it did, why did more MCSA's die than any other cert
    holders? Anyone know the real cause of this, if it's even accurate?

    Briscobar, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Death from Above

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Briscobar:
    Gotta be a tyop.

    JaR, Mar 3, 2006
  5. Death from Above

    kpg Guest

    It's a very dangerous job, man.

    kpg

    PS - I just assumed these were new MCSA's? So it's down.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'll never admit it.

    kpg, Mar 3, 2006
  6. A good question. The data is definitely correct. That is to say, those are
    the numbers that Microsoft reported on their web site
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp).

    I can only see two possible explanations:

    1. One of the numbers is incorrect. (likely)
    2. Microsoft decertified a bunch of cheaters. (extremely unlikely)

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Mar 3, 2006
  7. Death from Above

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Death from Above:
    Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa*cough cough*
    hahahahah*cough*ha*cough*haha...*sniff*...

    Hahaaaa...

    Ha...

    ....Eh?

    Oh... Sorry.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Mar 3, 2006
  8. Death from Above

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    3. a few thousand of them migrated to the Linux camp. They don't know
    why. But they kept seeing the word "Linux" in every media outlet so they
    figured, "Hey, what the hell! Maybe there's a get rich quick scheme in
    there somewhere".

    :)

    Rowdy Yates, Mar 4, 2006
  9. Death from Above

    Lasher Guest

    Change Increase to Decrease. If it goes on an average, then the only thing
    that is wrong is the "Increase" in this case.

    Lasher, Mar 4, 2006
  10. But if it Decreased: -15,882 wouldn't that mean in Increased?

    Bigus Di©kus, Mar 4, 2006
  11. Death from Above

    lowdes Guest

    And still no MCNGP has their MCSE 2003.

    lowdes, Mar 5, 2006
  12. Doubt if its a tyop. He probably just spelled it wrong.

    --

    Regards,
    Slarty Bartfast

    - How do I set my laser printer to STUN?

    Slarty Bartfast, Mar 6, 2006
  13. And still lowdes has no wit, insight, purpose, or reason to live.

    But plenty of drool!

    Verbal Funderburk, Mar 6, 2006
  14. Death from Above

    Neil Guest

    and I know that at least 4 of us have the MCSE on 2003....AND some
    drool...

    Neil, Mar 6, 2006
  15. Death from Above

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Verbal Funderburk:

    Pssst! There's somebody at the the drive-up window, don't let the boss
    catch you fscking with the office computer again.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Mar 6, 2006
  16. Death from Above

    Neil Guest

    DING! FRIES ARE DOOOOOOOOOONE!

    Neil, Mar 6, 2006
  17. Verbal Funderburk, Mar 6, 2006
  18. Death from Above

    Neil Guest

    parade LRM in a meat-kini in front of me and I should have plenty to
    spare...

    Neil, Mar 6, 2006