Dear fellow photographers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ivana Savic, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. Ivana Savic

    Ivana Savic Guest

    First of all, I would like to appologize for this sort-of-a spamming of
    the Newsgroup.

    I am a young photographer from Croatia, looking for international
    affirmation. I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to take
    a look at some of my work at http://www.ivanas.net.

    Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

    Ivana Savic
    --
    www.ivanas.net

    The real voyage of discovery consists not of
    seeking new landscapes, but of having new eyes.

    Ivana Savic, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Three out of four of your galleries are exceptional. Maybe animals and macro
    aren't the thing for you. Oops....you have five galleries...the underwater
    one is easy to miss. You might want a brighter photo for the link. The link
    on the home page is not clear either...and what is the point of a page with
    no info. I always hated those as it was just a waste of time.

    --
    Thanks,
    Gene Palmiter

    Gene Palmiter, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Ivana Savic

    Paul Woods Guest

    I thought your selection of photographs was quite nice (even those in
    the Animals & Macro category!). There were a few which caught my eye
    particularly -
    http://www.ivanas.net/gallery/faces/slides/crash.html
    http://www.ivanas.net/gallery/underwater/slides/img_4700 copy.html
    http://www.ivanas.net/gallery/places/slides/to the sky.html (this is
    my absolute favourite).

    I would suggest that if you want to improve and be interesting to the
    international market you be a bit more experimental - especially with
    composition, as much of your composition is basic. But also with other
    aspects (for example, exposure). Although your vibrant colours are very
    nice, it would be nice to see a bit of variety. You really need to work
    on self-expression in photographs, rather than just take pictures of
    'things which look nice'. But then again, who doesn't?

    Thank you for the opportunity to see your work.

    Paul Woods, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Ivana Savic

    PcB Guest

    <<First of all, I would like to appologize for this sort-of-a spamming of
    the Newsgroup.

    I am a young photographer from Croatia, looking for international
    affirmation. I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to take
    a look at some of my work at http://www.ivanas.net.

    Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Well, it certainly wasn't an inconvenience <g> though I wasn't keen on the
    Animals/Macro or the White galleries. Critical points? Prefer "unframed"
    images but like the layout of the galleries themselves. Really critical
    points? Never too keen on pages without "click here" instructions (opening
    page) and the "To The Sky" is a montage, isn't it - there still appears to
    be a shadow at the top of the stairs.

    Many images which I wish I'd taken, some good stuff.

    Want to offer a critique of my own? See them at
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/NewGallery.htm

    Paul
    --
    Paul ============}
    o o

    // Live fast, die old //
    PaulsPages are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

    PcB, Sep 22, 2005
  5. Ivana Savic

    Tom Guest

    Hello Ivana

    The 'faces' and 'places' have some fantastic work. 'Animals and Macro's'
    needs improvement and 'in white' I liked the first 2 photos.

    BTW, I think Croatia is a wonderful country and the people there are
    fantastic. I visited Zadar, Split and Brac (Bol) last time I went there.
    Do you have any recommendations on the next great places to visit? BTW, I
    am from the UK and usually travel via Italy.

    Tom, Sep 22, 2005
  6. Ivana Savic

    Dankwart Guest

    Ivana,
    Your work is excellent. This is not spamming. The only thing wrong with your
    message is your apology - it is not needed.
    Dankwart

    Dankwart, Sep 25, 2005
  7. Ivana Savic

    Ivana Savic Guest

    A big thank you to everyone who viewed and commented on my photos.
    Thanks for
    the feedback, I have considered most of the suggestions, and there will
    be some
    changes on the site soon, so do visit again :))
    Cheers!

    Ivana Savic

    Ivana Savic, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Ivana Savic