dead toshiba lappy screen...need the data off it...tried vga out...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mick, Sep 20, 2009.

  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Realised to plug it into a TV screen and navigate that way.

    Great in theory.

    I plug in the vga cable and select it on the TV, get the initial loadup
    of Win XP, then the signal drops off and goes back to the screen (the 5%
    of it I can see)...

    Try to re navigate back to the TV via CTRL f5 and it wont do it.

    Plugged this working laptop in and fine, can navigate on the TV no
    problems (eliminating the TV, the vga cable etc)

    Any idea why I cant see the dead laptop on the TV and why it only shows
    up the WIN XP boot up screen and then drops off?

    Help would be appreciated, desperate to get the data off it.
    (HD doesnt fit into the usb enclosure either) so running out of trouble
    shoots!

    cheers all

    Mick, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Mick

    John Holmes Guest

    Mick "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    The resolution is too high. Boot in safe mode and set the res to its
    lowest.

    HTH

    John Holmes, Sep 20, 2009

  3. you can get a cheap adaptor to plug a laptop 2.5 inch drive into 3.5 inch
    bay. Sounds like something more wrong than the laptop screen. Boot into
    safe mode?

    Geoff Pearson, Sep 20, 2009
  4. Mick

    doS Guest

    you must have a really odd hdd,that wont fit into a usb enclosure

    doS, Sep 20, 2009
  5. Mick <> pinched out a steaming pile
    You mean 'Fn + F5'

    :)
    The Other Guy suggested "safe mode" & tweaking the screen resolution.
    I concur.

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 20, 2009
  6. Mick

    Jordon Guest