Dead 20 years and now I have a question for him. Heck

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    My old man died a long time back...but I never needed to ask him anything...
    now I just recalled something...but only partially.

    Way back when I was a kid...he came home and said he saw one *really* famous
    in a restaurant.

    My dad approached his table and said: " If it wouldn't spoil your
    meal...could I have your autograph please?"

    The famous person smirked and merely replied, "It *would* spoil my meal."

    I'm sure he (my father) got a good laugh because that *exactly* what he
    would have done had the situation been reversed.

    Not sure but I think it might have been Orson Wells .

    Who knows?

    philo, Aug 27, 2007

  2. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Kewl!

    I was out with my family a number of years back, and went to a local Chinese
    restaurant for dinner. We saw Kirk Douglas there - my (now) ex-wife had me
    go get two autographs - one for us, one for her mother. When she left, she
    got both. Lousy b****! (He was in town acting in "Inherit the Wind".)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007

  3. philo

    eoiajvoeijn Guest

    Joe Perry's (Aerosmith) mom taught me how do square dance.

    eoiajvoeijn, Aug 27, 2007
  4. philo

    Pennywise Guest

    I've heard Aerosmith!!

    Small world indeed...

    Pennywise, Aug 27, 2007
  5. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Pretty kewl too <g>! I haven't square danced in years - I was pretty good in
    the '70's :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007
  6. philo

    Aardvark Guest

    I once pissed in Charles Aznavour's tea. True.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, Aug 27, 2007
  7. philo

    Guest Guest

    Never heard of him. But I'm sure there's a special place in Valhalla for
    you.

    Guest, Aug 27, 2007
  8. philo

    Rick Merrill Guest

    And now you're in your 80's?!

    Rick Merrill, Aug 27, 2007
  9. Yes, and he still wears tight lace pants.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2007
  10. philo

    deno Guest

    I have a connected aunt and uncle who adopted a 1yr old baby girl
    30 some years ago, not finding themselves satisfied with 3 boys. I
    remember there being some behind the scenes stuff going on because
    there were several applications for this particular baby and the
    records of everything were hidden in a special way. No one would
    ever know the real mother. At 12 the child went whacko, started
    using drugs, joined a satanic cult, accused anyone and everyone of
    molesting her, escaped three times from the most violent ward of
    the state mental hospital before she was 16, had several different
    children by several different men until she was forced to get
    spayed, and also went on a mission to find her real mother. Well,
    she found her. A street junkie still hooking on the streets of
    Seattle. They lived on the streets together for a time. Talk about
    kindred! Whoa, spooky.

    deno, Aug 27, 2007
  11. I know some conjoined twins that adopted a circus midget, but things
    seemed to go astray. I think it was the male tiger that tore them apart.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2007
  12. philo

    who'sthat Guest

    And here they are today
    http://i8.tinypic.com/24xosav.jpg

    who'sthat, Aug 27, 2007
  13. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Getting close. Or at least it feels like it!
    <g> okay - whatever :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007
  14. Those aren't lace pants, they're Depends...

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2007
  15. philo

    Top Guest

    And we hope they're tight!!

    Top

    Top, Aug 30, 2007
  16. Gawd, yes! Don't want any leakage, ya' know..

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2007