    hi,

    could someone clarify is ddr2 ram only available for pentium 4 based systems
    and not athlon 64 systems?

    billybronco, Jul 24, 2005

  2. "billybronco" <> wrote in message
    news:B0AEe.76006$...
    > hi,
    >
    > could someone clarify is ddr2 ram only available for pentium 4 based
    > systems and not athlon 64 systems?

    If you don't get a good answer here, try emailing one of the memory
    companies like Crucial or Kingston.

    Expert Witness, Jul 24, 2005

  3. billybronco

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:02:57 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    and then "billybronco" <> wrote :

    >hi,
    >
    >could someone clarify is ddr2 ram only available for pentium 4 based systems
    >and not athlon 64 systems?

    Click here,
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/
    Use their RAM finder/mother board finder it will tell you everything
    you need to know :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jul 24, 2005
  4. billybronco

    S.Heenan Guest

    billybronco wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > could someone clarify is ddr2 ram only available for pentium 4 based systems
    > and not athlon 64 systems?

    At this time, DDR2 is used only in motherboards designed for Intel
    processors.

    DDR2 has 240 pins, DDR has 184 pins. It is not backward compatible with DDR.

    S.Heenan, Jul 27, 2005